Thursday, September 15, 2011

Get Inspired By...

I'm not a big fan of beige.  My furniture is white, but it's not because it's boring, it's because I like to use lots of color everywhere else.


My jewelry creations reflect my love of color, and I would probably have to gouge my eyes out it I had to make something out of one color.  Strands of pearls?  Love to wear them, wouldn't want to hand-knot them.



Color pretty much inspires everything I create.  The design follows the color scheme.  I have notebooks full of inspiration, and very few of those things are pictures of jewelry.  I'm inspired by colors from a sunset (corny, I know), or the shape of a tree sans leaves.  Inspiration can come from a drawing or an advertisement for a blender.  I believe a true artist finds inspiration from good design whether it's from God or Dr. Seuss.



Look at the world through different eyes.  Find inspiration from unlikely things and let your design and creativity reflect your world.

No comments:

Post a Comment